This year when they decided to launch the second of the series, I was asked to look for a cover artist, but made the executive decision to do it myself. I was really excited to take on this challenge, as it had to be made from paper, and it involved one of my favorite things ever: typography.
After some failed attempts at different ideas, I found one that worked great. With some patience, precision, and xacto blades, I did a layered cutout, using the papers original texture and shadows to create a layered effect. Along with that, I had the editor type the cover content on his typewriter, scanned it in, and added it on top. I am very very happy with how the end result came out. We finished off this minimalist look by adding the logo peeking out from behind another torn piece of paper, and paired it with a black binding. If you are interested in purchasing this book, (which I highly recommend), check it out here on amazon.